- This event has passed.
HABIT: PRACTICAL, THEORETICAL, AND HISTORICAL APPROACHES - Call for Abstracts
March 1, 2019
- the role of habit in the history of philosophy (e.g. Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, Hume, Kant, Hegel, Wittgenstein, etc.)
- habituation and the acquisition of habits, skills, and virtues
- the nature, structure, and rationality (or lack thereof) of habitual action
- the relationship between habits, intentions, and policies
- habits of thought and reasoning
- the ethical and/or epistemic significance of habit
- Jennifer Hornsby (Birkbeck)
- Stephen Engstrom (University of Pittsburgh)
Abstracts should be between 500 and 800 words, prepared for anonymous review, and submitted to by March 1, 2019. We hope to publish at least one volume of essays on the basis of the project of which this conference is a part.